Thursday 28 March 2013

The marriage rights saga......

So, I'm British, in the UK we have civil partnerships, though, correct me if I'm wrong the UK Government has agreed to 'marriage' between same sex couples? I thought thats what civil partnership was anyway?

America, I know, especially from my honeymoon where I met a same sex couple who'd been together many years, their country failed to see their relationship in the same light?

As a British citizen I've always been led to believe that America was the 'land of the free', a place where freedom was respected above all else, I find all of this animosity extremely hard to swallow.

So.......with great generalisation....that appears ok in this case, from what I have seen...these are my points:

1. Your religion and belief in God means a lot to you? Thats great, I'm a catholic, I had my kids christened as such. I'd like to believe there is a God. I like to believe I've lived my live in a moral and upstanding position (within the parameters of being a service woman).

2. You are a same sex couple? Thats great! Do you think your thirty year relationship has less meaning than a male - female marriage? No, didn't think so.
Imagine if you invested that much time and love into someone.....religious person....imagine it's your wife or husband and you wasn't even given the right to arrange/attend their funeral, how much would that hurt?

3. Shouldn't when people take the marriage vow in vain be the point of a bad union? Not whom it is taken by?

4. Religious people - are your armed forces bad people? For the bible says "Thou shalt not kill?" Are men and women attacked in their home and subsequently kill their attacker in order to save themselves, wrong? No, they are not but the bible says "Thou shalt not kill" there is no sub section or clauses to that commandment.

Most importantly:

What effect would Mr. A marrying Mr. B, have directly upon your life?
Do you think that love, between two people, no matter what gender, has no meaning?

I also want to point out that 'American movies' demonise the British....they have us all uptight with pursed lips.
From today, I have us at, and you can quote me "More liberal and free, than them there Yanks."

We may not, thankfully, have the right to bear arms. I can't buy bullets with my groceries and quite frankly I wouldn't want to, but I'm pretty sure when I send my kids to school that a madman with a gun who has the right to have isn't going to kill them.

That's my point overall, you all argue and get het up over marriage rights that really don't effect you as individuals....though, if I'm wrong tell me. But your gun laws are preposterous, they do effect each and every single one of you! A free for all!

I just don't get it?

Please, tell me what I have missed?



No comments:

Post a Comment